The last thing that you want to happen when it comes to dating is for it end up in disaster. Sadly, this is what happens most of the time.
Are you starting to feel unlucky?
Well, here is what I want to tell you: YOU ARE NOT.
If you have a lot of bad experiences while out on a date, then, it is the right time to assess what have you been doing wrong and why a successful date is elusive.
Today, we will be discussing simple ways to not screw up your date so that you can secure your second date.
- First of all, make sure that you are ready to go on a date, more than your attire, it is important that you are ready emotionally. If you are a total wreck because of a recently-ended relationship, then it may not be a good idea to date right away. Yes, you may be thinking that you are just dating for fun, well, this is not a problem if the other person thinks also this way. However, it will be a totally different situation if your date is seriously looking for a potential partner. What you should do is to give yourself time to heal first. Once you are ready, then by all means, enjoy the dating arena as much as you want.
- Going back to being ready, it is also important to dress appropriately. For example, if you are going to a romantic restaurant, would you want your date to wear sweatpants or shirt? The point is, you should dress properly. This is why it may be a good idea to discuss what your activities will be like so that it’ll be easier to dress accordingly.
- It is also important to choose the venue of the date correctly. Keep it simple. If you can, choose a place where you think will best fit our date. For example, if she is really a romantic person, why not take her to a fancy restaurant? If she is adventurous, take her to a paintball date. It is all about knowing what your date will enjoy. Again, keep it simple. It is usually the secret behind a successful and happy date.
- Never show up late. No matter how important you are, it is very rude to show up late on a date. Ladies especially will not appreciate guys arriving late. As much as possible, arrive at least 5 minutes early. In case you are late, make sure to say that you’re sorry (and mean it). Also, you should have a valid (life and death situation) reason why you arrived way past the time you both agreed upon.
- Do not answer your phone calls/texts, unless very urgent. Yes, we get it, you are a person with so many responsibilities, but seriously, will you keep on answering your phone every minute? Turn your phone on silent mode if you are not expecting an urgent and important call. This will help you focus more on your date.
- A sure recipe for disaster is being ungentleman. Do things that are unbecoming of a gentleman and you will be sure of these two:
1. Your date will walk-out on you.
2. She’ll think that you are such a loser and she will never date you again. EVER.
- Instead of being rude, why not show her the good and sweet side of you. For example, why not open the door for her? That gesture is so simple and yet, it is one effective way to again points from your date. Remember, every “point” is important if you are aiming to win her heart.
- While being sweet and caring to your date is must, it is also important to show respect to everyone around you. If this is not natural for you, then you have a big problem and you should reassess your attitude.
- Always be courteous to everyone and you will surely not screw up your date. Imagine what she would think of you if you are disrespectful to the servers.
- Know when to ask and when to listen. This is one of the most common mistakes that most people are guilty with. What you need to remember is that dating should be a two-way process. This means that while you want to know more about the other person, you should also give time for that person to know you too. It will not be nice if all you talk about all night are like, want and enjoy. That’s being too narcissistic. Both of you should have the chance to talk and to listen as well. As a rule, it is recommended to keep the questions ratio at least 1:1.
- Do not talk about your ex during the date. If your partner is not asking about your ex, then it is best to not talk about her. Talking about someone from the past is one of the most common reasons why a date ends up in disaster. Go back to my first tip, if you are still hurting from a break-up; do not go on dates first. If you are not ready, do not push yourself.
- Give your full attention to your date as much as possible. This is important especially if she is sharing her stories to you. No matter how boring it is, it is important that you listen. By doing this, you will be able to know more about her and will also learn more if you have that certain spark or chemistry (If you want to know more about this, do not forget to read my articles entitled How To Create Instant “Chemistry” With Women and How To Tell If A Woman Wants You, both found in this website too).
There you have it! These are just some of the simple, but effective ways to not screw up your date. The key here is to enjoy every moment of it and take this time to know more the person you are dating.
This will help you decide and “feel” if you have found your perfect match.